Florida, despite the popularity of the search “Florida Man,” is not the capitol of weirdness in the United States. Yes, we have our share of oddballs and off-the-walls, but we’re hardly the only place that does. That being said, we do have some fairly unique weirdness to report for 2015.
- A pilot of a single engine plane made a graphic statement in the air over central Florida. The small plane departed Kissimmee and drew the certainly childish and immature but hellaciously funny image using GPS flight tracking data. It is as yet unknown if this was a statement, invitation, offer, or the pilot’s opinion of an unknown third party.
- An unemployed man in need of a ride got a lulu from the valet at a Delray hotel, claiming that yes, that was his 2015 Mercedes Benz and took off in the luxury ride. He was picked up an hour later for drunk and disorderly and the car was towed.
- A Panama City Beach church lost its tax exempt status. The Life Center charged a $20 “donation” for congregants to participate in themed events featuring “the sexiest ladies on the beach.” The events were held daily and had names such as “Wet n Wild” and such features as naked body painting.
- A Dunedin man exhibited a 1,633 pound pumpkin in his front yard. He drove sixteen hours round trip to bring back the giant gourd. The walls were estimated to be nine inches thick, and it will need to be broken down with a chainsaw before it can be put in the trash.
- An Ocala church usher is accused of busting a couple of commandments by stealing from the collection plates […]