And how was YOUR weekend?
Tropical storm Gordon passed through South Florida this Labor Day (yesterday) and changed a lot of our outdoor plans for the weekend. Many of us had to abandon the idea of what might have been a carefree holiday at the beach and, instead, hunker down for the flood watch that was in effect. Watching the local news coverage of high winds and heavy rain while waiting out the pelting we endured gave pause to contemplate the potential for property damage from flooding. If flood insurance hasn’t seemed like a priority so far, here a few flood facts to consider…
Did you know that …
- Just one inch of flooding can cause as much as $27,000 or more in damages to your home?
- Floods are the nation’s most common and costly natural disaster
- Flooding causes millions of dollars in damage every year.
- Flood damage is not covered by homeowner’s insurance
- Flood insurance policies typically become effective 30 days from purchase
If your curious to see how your location fairs on FEMA’s flood risk map, click here for an opportunity to find out:
To be sure your Flood Insurance coverage is adequate,
Call Pallant Insurance today at 954.522.3800 or complete our