Working with an independent insurance agent has a lot more benefits than you might think. Agents who work for just one company – called captive agents – may be able to offer you bundles from their carrier’s limited line, but independent agents represent a much more diverse base of carriers and are able to bring more to the table. Captive agents are only able to fit the person to the policies, not tailor coverage from a variety of sources to the person. With an independent agent, we can give you a custom fit, cut deals, and even offer discounts when you bundle policies like your auto insurance with your homeowners.
Two of the biggest opportunities to bundle are auto and homeowners because those are the two biggest policies out there. Other possibilities include adding in whole life, or even insurance for your watercraft, RV, or ATV. It all depends on what you’re looking for. Having an agent who can get out there and work on your behalf can save you more money than going with a one-size-fits-all policy from a captive agent. Independent agents work with you to help rack up discounts, and can tell you ways to save on your premiums that a captive agent might not address.
This should be a part of your annual review, but we understand the whole going with the flow and “if it ain’t broke” frame of mind. Some people never change from the insurance company they had when they were on their parent’s insurance back when they first got their provisional license. However, if you don’t review your insurance, or keep going with the same policies when your financial picture is changing, you could be putting yourself at risk for a big exposure.
Talk to an independent agent at Pallant Insurance and find out just what we can do for you in creating a custom coverage solution. We represent the following providers:
- ASI: Home, Condo, Renters, Investment, Commercial, Flood, Umbrella, and Builder’s Risk.
- Bankers: Home and Condo, Dwelling Fire, Flood, Excess Flood, Business Owners (BOP), Builders Risk, Preferred Office Program, Mobile Home/RV Park Program, Homeowners Association Program, and Commercial Residential Program.
- Chubb: Auto and Classic Car, Home and Condo, Renter’s, Valuable Articles, Watercraft, Excess Liability, Family Protection, and Chubb signature services.
- Citizens: Multiperil and wind-only policies for homes, condos, mobile homes, renters, landlords, and commercial properties.
- Federated National: Home and Condo, High Value Homeowners, Renter’s, Flood, Umbrella, and General Liability.
- Florida Family: Home, Condo, Rental Property, and Flood.
- Heritage: Home, Condo, and Dwelling policies.
- Homeowner’s Choice: Home, Condo, Renter’s, Dwelling, and Flood.
- SafeCo: Auto, Boat, RV, Motorcycle, Classic Car, Home & Condo, Landlord, Renters, and Umbrella policies.
- Stillwater: Home and condo, Dwelling, Renters, Commercial. Umbrella, and even Earthquake.
- Universal: Home and Condo, Renter’s, Dwelling Fire.
- Weston: Home and Condo, Dwellings, Renter’s, Apartment, HOA, and Condo Associations, Commercial Non Residential, and Builder’s Risk, Wind and Hail within Windpool Eligible Zone.
- Wright Flood: Flood insurance and excess flood insurance that covers above NFIP limits.
As you can see, there are lots of ways to bundle and combine your coverage to make sure everything you hold dear is snugly covered. Talk to one of our agents, and see what Pallant’s independent agents can do for you.